Although there is little news about its predecessor, there are some interesting additions that should be noted about this one.
Want to know all the news and technical specifications of this Nikon camera? I’ll tell you right now!
Highlights of the Nikon D5600
1. 24.2 MP sensor
The sensor of the Nikon D5600 is one of its strengths compared to other brands, as 24.2 MP offers a maximum resolution of 6000 x 4000 pixels, which is superior to the other models of the same series and even models of superior series.
This large size of the sensor gives us a great definition and sharpness in their images and gives our photographs a great dynamic range and depth of color.
On the other hand, the sensor of the Nikon D5600 offers us a wide range of ISO sensitivity reaching 25,600 ISO. Thanks to the Expeed 4 processor, the noise treatment at high ISO values is also excellent.
2. Bluetooth and WiFi
One of the innovations that the Nikon D5600 brings over its predecessor is the integration of Bluetooth 4.1 and WiFi with NFC to connect the camera to your smartphone or tablet and share the images at once.
Thanks to SnapBridge, the free Nikon app, you can download the photos to your phone and even sync them to get straight to the device. In addition, with this application, you can control your camera remotely with the smartphone, which acts as a remote trigger.
On the other hand, thanks to the low-power Bluetooth technology, you can connect both devices without consuming excessive battery power. This often worries users of cameras with Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity.
3. 39 Focus Points
The Nikon D5600 has 39 focus points that cover much of the framed area. From these focus points, we have 9 cross points in the central area, which allow for higher precision and speed in automatic focusing.
The Nikon D5600’s autofocus system is fast and accurate, and can focus and focus on moving subjects. It is able to block the focus on a specific subject and focus it precisely.
4. Folding, Articulated and Touch Screen
One of the most attractive points of the Nikon D5600 is the screen. It features a 3.2-inch flip-up, drop-down and touchscreen, making it easy to capture images or videos from any angle.
Thanks to the touch function, you can also intuitively and quickly navigate through the menus with your own hands and even manage the live view.
5. Time-Lapse function
Another interesting novelty with respect to its predecessor is the inclusion of the time-lapse function , which can only be found in models with higher ranges. This function allows you to shoot multiple photographs by setting a predefined time interval, to join them in a single sequence afterwards.
6. Other Outstanding Features
In addition to the features discussed in the previous section, the D5600 offers fantastic technical specifications to meet all the photographic needs of an avid photography user.
- Speed up the processor 4
- Full HD video recording at 60p, in H.264 and MPEG-4
- Shutter speed between 1/4000 and 30 seconds, in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 and with bulb mode
- High quality optical viewfinder with sunscreen
- Up to 5 frames per second
- Handy and light body (415 gr.)
Advantages of the Nikon D5600
- 24.2 MP sensor, larger than most cameras in its range
- Great dynamic range and color depth, thanks to the quality of your sensor
- 39 points of focus, with 9 cross points, more than many of its competitors
- ISO sensitivity up to 25,600, higher than many of its competitors
- Touch screen, folding and articulated, very comfortable to work from any angle
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, with low battery consumption
- Time-lapse function, incorporated only in higher-end models
- Compact and light body (415 gr.)
- Long-life battery (up to 800 shots)
Disadvantages the Nikon D5600
- Little news with respect to its predecessor, the Nikon D5500
- Lacks motor focus on the body
- Without recording in 4K
- Bad autofocus in video recording
- Impossibility to control the opening when you are recording video
- It only has one memory card slot
- The body is not sealed
- It does not have a second wheel to modify the parameters, which makes it more uncomfortable when working in manual mode.
- Viewer with 95% coverage of the scene