Fujifilm launches a new XT series mirror-less camera that offers a simpler range for those who want to learn photography. In addition, it retains the characteristic retro design of the X series.
We have a versatile option, very small size and very reasonable price. If you are looking for an alternative to a conventional SLR camera, which has a more attractive design but similar features and characteristics, you are looking for the Fujifilm X-T100.
In this article we will get to know the strengths and weaknesses of this new Fuji evil camera. Do not be fooled by its small size or pretty face, this ‘little girl’ has much to offer.
Outstanding Features of the Fujifilm X-T100
1. CMOS APS-C sensor 24.2 Megapixels
The Fujifilm X-T100 uses the same sensor as the X-A5, which also includes the phase-detection autofocus system. This focus mode promises fast and accurate automatic performance in a variety of shooting situations.
Also note the different focus modes: Single point, AF area and Tracking AF. You can use up to 91 focus points in the AF zone. Although you have a touchscreen, you can also use autofocus for the rear screen. In terms of performance, a continuous shooting of up to 6 frames per second is possible.
2. 3 ” tiltable LCD screen
The rear LCD screen of the Fujifilm X-T100 is undoubtedly one of its strengths. It has a size of 3 ”, is tactile and has a three-way tilt mechanism, so you can turn it over completely. In the resolution, it is not too short: 1.04 million points.
The viewfinder of the camera is also characterized by a very good quality. It is an electronic OLED viewfinder EVF of 0.39 inches with 2,360 points and a magnification factor of 0.62 (corresponding to 35 mm).
3. Video recording in 4K
In terms of video, the X-T100 looks very similar to the Fujifilm X-A5, as it allows video recording in 4K UHD, but with a maximum frame rate of only 15 frames per second (frames per second). However, this model does offer the enhancement of being able to record clips with a recording time of up to 30 minutes compared to 5 minutes on the other model.
Record full HD video at 60 frames per second (even 30 minutes per clip). It is also possible to record in a high-speed mode recording in super slow motion with a resolution of 1280 x 720.
4. Other Outstanding Features
- 11 Movie Simulation Modes and 17 Advanced Filters like HDR Art or Thumbnail
- WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth 4.1 (Low Energy) to quickly transmit images and videos to other devices
- You can geo-tag images if you use it with a smartphone with the GPS connected
- Automatic + SR mode that has the technology of Scene Recognition and Subject Detection simultaneously
Advantages of the Fujifilm X-T100
- Support for Instax SHARE printer
- Articulated touch screen and high resolution
- Very light (448 gr)
- 4K video recording + 2.5mm Microphone Port
- Available in black and silver
Disadvantages the Fujifilm X-T100
- Does not have Image Stabilizer
- Battery Life Low (only 430 shots)
- Only record video at 15 fps in 4K quality
- The golden color will not be available in Spain
- It is not sealed
Where to Buy the Fujifilm X-T100
Interesting Accessories for the Fujifilm X-T100
There is a long list of compatible lenses with your Fujifilm X-T100 (more than 25). Specifically, all that feature the Fujifilm X mount . As you can see, although the camera may be economical, the price can go a little when buying the lenses:
- Fujifilm Fujinon 16-55 mm f / 2.8
- Fujifilm Fujinon 10-24 mm f / 4
- Fujifilm Fujinon 23 mm f / 2
- Samyang 12 mm f / 2
- Fujifilm Fujinon 100-400 mm f / 4.5
- Fujifilm Fujinon 80 mm macro f / 2.8
- Fujifilm Fujinon 56 mm f / 1.2
These are some accessories , compatible with this camera, that may also interest you to finish completing your photographic equipment:
- Fujifilm original battery
- 2x Patona Extra Compatible Batteries
- Neewer external flash
- Hama tripod
- Memory Card SanDisk Extreme SD XC 64 GB
- Photographic backpack
Main Competitors of the Fujifilm X-T100
- Same Range: Sony Alpha A6000, Fujifilm X-T20, Leica M Typ 240.
- Top range: Sony A9 , Olympus EM10 Mark-II , Sony A7R II.
- Reflex : Nikon D3400 , Nikon 5600 , Canon EOS 750D , Sony A68 .
Official Promotional Video
You may be interested in below reviews: