The Canon EOS 750D (also called Canon EOS Rebel T6i in the USA) is considered by many to be the best Canon Rebel. In early 2015, he went with his sister, the Canon EOS 760D (or Rebel T6s), on the market, the price was similar and contained only minor improvements.
Both cameras, almost twin, offer more features than their predecessors, the Canon EOS 700D and the Canon EOS 1200D and Canon EOS 1300D. So if you want to use a Canon EOS 750D, you’ll have to take a step into the cameras for the novice, though the price will also rise. Let’s get to know her a little bit more, to find out what she offers us.
Highlights of the Canon EOS 750D
1. CMOS sensor with APS-C size of 24.2 Mpx
The Canon EOS 750D has a sensor of 24.2 Mpx, which not only increases the resolution, but also has a more modern technology than its predecessors. It also includes a much faster processor and the Hybrid CMOS AF III system.
Now you can enjoy continuous fluid focus when capturing video and taking pictures in live view mode. In addition, the number of focus points increases from 9 to 19 in the form of a cross. It also has a phase detection focus system to more accurately determine focus distance.
2. Maximum ISO sensitivity of 12,800 (expandable to 25,600)
With this camera it is possible to take photos without flash in low light. This is possible thanks to the wide range of available ISO sensitivity, ranging from 100 to 12,800 (expandable up to ISO 25,600).
Lower noise in your pictures lets you take live and close-ups in high resolution. In addition, it has a flicker detection system, for example, to detect differences in brightness in a flashing light bulb. Each shot is synchronized with the brightest moment to get the best result.
3. 3 ” Touch and Flip LCD Screen
The screen of the Canon EOS 750D is one of the strongest points (like the 700D). We can tilt and move from any angle, which is extremely useful and comfortable when recording videos.
The fact that it is tactile also makes our job much easier. This allows us to focus quickly and easily on the desired point, ensuring that our photographed object or object is clear.
4. Other Outstanding Features
- It incorporates Wifi and NFC connectivity . It allows you to connect, download, print and share photos and videos quickly. You can also control the camera from a smartphone or tablet.
- Record videos in Full HD quality with a resolution of up to 1080p and a speed of 30 fps. In addition, it has a headphone and microphone input to capture the sound optimally.
- The STM focus motor is very quiet and has a shooting speed of 5 fps (frames per second), so you never miss the decisive moments.
- Includes shooting scene modes and creative video modes to select according to the occasion. Especially highlight the creative video mode with the miniature effect and HDR mode.
5. Improvements that includes the Canon EOS 760D
As I mentioned at the beginning, the Canon EOS 750D was introduced along with the Canon EOS 760D from the brand. The truth is that they are very similar, but the latter adds some additional enhancements that are good to know.
On one side is a small LCD screen (like most professional cameras). It is used to retrieve basic information about the parameters of the camera or the selected shooting mode.
There is also a knob on the back of the camera. With this new independent dial, you can more conveniently control parameters such as membrane opening and shutter speed.
Advantages of the Canon EOS 750D
- 24.2 MP CMOS Sensor APS-C
- Folding and Touch Screen 3 inches
- 19 points of focus on the cross
- 5 fps firing rate
- Fast autofocus system
- Wifi and NFC connectivity
- Additional microphone input
Disadvantages the Canon EOS 750D
- It is still as heavy as its predecessors (555 gr.)
- The manufacturing material could be more resistant
- The autonomy of the battery is only 440 shots
- The dynamic range is modest compared to other competing cameras
Where to buy the Canon EOS 750D
Lenses for the Canon EOS 750D
For compatible accessories with this camera, it is interesting that you know the Conection Station CS100. With this accessory, you can transfer, save or share your captures and videos easily and quickly. For lovers of social networks or audiovisual professionals looking for immediacy, this is a perfect ally.
It is also recommended to download and install the apps provided by Canon. The Canon EOS 750D Guide will guide you through the process of getting to know your new camera and the Canon Photo Companion, as well as more photography tips and tricks.
Top Competitors of the Canon EOS 750D
- Competitors of similar range: Canon EOS 760D, Nikon D5500 and Nikon D5600.
- Top-end competitors: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 6D and Nikon D750.
- Lower end competitors: Canon EOS 1300D, Nikon D3400 and Canon EOS 700D.
- Competitors of type Evil or Without Mirror: Sony Alpha A6300, Fujifilm X-T20, Leica M10 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4.