The Canon EOS 4000D breaks off all common forms. It was presented as a digital SLR camera with the lowest introductory price we can remember.
For only 329 $ you can buy the first SLR camera with a 18-55 mm lens.
This new Canon would undoubtedly replace the classic Canon EOS 1300D, although (apart from the price) not too many improvements are included. In this article, we will explore the strengths and weaknesses of this new beginners’ canon, which promises a revolution.
Highlights of the Canon EOS 4000D
1. CMOS Sensor APS-C 18 Megapixels
Canon has proposed redefining its range of simpler cameras with new SLR models, and the Canon EOS 4000D is one of them. The first thing that gets our attention is the sensor. It’s an 18-megapixel APS-C CMOS, which means it’s exactly the same as its predecessor, the 1300D. The processor is the same for both, the DIGIC4 +, which allows a burst at 3 frames per second.
According to official figures, the ISO range is between 100 and 6,400 (expandable to 12,800). It is also characterized by being able to effortlessly create creative and high quality images. This is because it includes a smart scene-automatic mode that you only need to capture and record images with. The camera decides the optimal settings for each situation, so you can use creative filters after shooting.
2. Full HD Video Recording 1080 up to 30 fps
With the Canon EOS 4000D, you can capture full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) video at up to 30 frames per second and up to 60 frames per second when shooting at 720p (1280 x 720 pixels). What may fail is, on the one hand, the fixed viewfinder, which does not support the diopter adjustment, and, on the other hand, the size of the rear screen.
The TFT screen of this camera helps us view our photos or videos and select options within the menu. However, when compared to other models such as the 1300D or the 2000D, it is a bit too short in size and resolution. It has a screen of just 2.7 inches and a resolution of 920,000 pixels.
3. Wi-Fi connection
Connectivity is one of the strengths of this introductory camera because it has a Wi-Fi connection. You can instantly transfer the photos and videos you create to your device and easily share them on social networks. Yes, there is no Bluetooth or NFC system, two very useful features today.
You can also use irista to automatically backup your photos in the cloud and remotely take pictures with the Wi-Fi that includes the camera and the Canon Camera Connect application. If you are interested in this point, we will recommend other accessories and apps for connectivity later.
4. Other Outstanding Features
- Automatic Focus on 9 control points
- Compatible with EF / EF-S mount lenses
- Includes Gallery Filtros Creativos and Guide of features and functions
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery LP-E10
Advantages of the Canon EOS 4000D
- Very intuitive and easy to use
- Controls and buttons logically distributed
- Long-life battery (up to 500 shots and hour and a half of video)
- Very economical launch price
- Lightweight and Ergonomic
- It has no ON / OFF button
Disadvantages of the Canon EOS 4000D
- Small LCD screen (neither touch nor fold)
- Low resolution of the back screen
- Only bursts in series of 3 fps
- Does not have Bluetooth or NFC
- It does not improve too much compared to the 1300D
- Plastic finish on both the body and the lens of the kit
Price / Where to buy the Canon EOS 4000D
You can buy this camera from Amazon ;
It is a very simple and basic lens, although you can get much out of it if you know how.
Interesting Accessories for the Canon EOS 4000D
An important aspect of the Canon EOS 4000D is that an EF-S mount is compatible with more than 80 lenses. In addition, there is a wide selection of accessories that are also compatible with this model.
If you are a lover of internet and social networking, you may be particularly interested in the Canon Conection Station CS100 (available at Amazon for about $ 150). It’s designed to make it easier to transfer, store, view, and share your photos and videos on your TV, social media, or online photo services as irista.
If you want to learn more about photography, you can combine your practices with the advice you get in the Canon Photo Companion application. It contains complete tricks and instructions for using your new camera.
What is clear is that if you want to be a true canonist you will have to do little by little with a basic photographic equipment . Take note of these objectives that might interest you:
- Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f: 4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF-S 55-250 mm f / 4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon Pancake EF-S 24mm f / 2.8 STM
- Canon EF-S 18-200mm f / 3.5-5.6 IS
- Canon EF 50 mm f / 1.8 STM
Do not forget to also get some basic accessories that you should value include in your wish list. It does not need to be too expensive, you can start with a simple team of good quality like this:
- Basic Backpack for Camera and Accessories
- SanDisk Ultra SDHC card 32GB
- Light Tripod with 3 positions
- Tripod with Ball Patella
- External Flash Neewer TT560
- Competitors of similar range: Canon 1300D , Nikon D3300, Nikon D3400 , Canon EOS 700D and Canon EOS 750D .
- Top-end competitors: Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS 2000D, Canon EOS 70D and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Competitors of type Evil or Without Mirror: Canon EOS M10, Sony Alpha A500 (or A600), Canon EOS M3 and Fujifilm X-A3.