Your phone’s camera is too small for you and you want to go one step further? Do not be afraid to start with a SLR camera! There are some cameras designed especially for beginners. If you are thinking about buying one, read the appropriate review.
If you are attracted to the Canon brand because you have already tried it, or if people in your area have one and recommended it to you, you will fall in love with this model. The Canon EOS 1300D was specially designed for your first camera and is easy to understand how it works. We will analyze it thoroughly so you know all the benefits and definitely fall into their networks.
Highlights of the Canon EOS 1300D
1. CMOS Sensor of size APS-C of 18 Mpx
The Canon EOS 1300D has two new features compared to its predecessor, the 1200D, a DIGIC 4+ processor, and an 18-megapixel APS-C sensor. Both manage to take pictures with great detail and color variety.
It also has an auto-focus system with 9 focus points to capture action scenes so that the moving subject appears focused. It also improves the number of bursts at 3 frames per second (1,110 in JPEG and 6 in RAW).
2. ISO Sensitivity range up to 6,400
The Canon EOS 1300D has several semi-automatic control modes. In addition to the scene modes (landscape, portrait, child, food, etc.) it also has an intelligent scene mode. This mode automatically selects the most optimal settings for the image you have created.
When ready to use manual mode, you can select aperture, shutter speed and ISO sensitivity. In low-light situations, you can shoot without flash because the ISO range achieved by the Canon EOS 1300D is between 100 and 6,400 (expandable to 12,800).
3. Wifi connectivity and NFC technology
The connectivity of the Canon EOS 1300D is the most relevant and notable feature compared to its predecessor. It has NFC technology and a Wi-Fi connection to send or share your photos in the quickest possible way.
If you use Wi-Fi, you can immediately upload your photos to the cloud to create automatic backups or create online galleries and share them right now. However, if you install the Camera Connect application from Canon (available for Android and iOS), you can associate your device with the camera to transfer files or even take photos remotely.
4. Other Outstanding Features
- It is capable of recording videos in Full HD (1920 x 1080) up to 30 fps.
- It has a bright 3 “LCD screen (7.5 cm) with a resolution of 920,000 pixels.
- It allows the option to create instant video clips with Snapshot in the camera itself.
- It has a gallery of very original creative filters (black and white grainy, soft focus, toy camera, miniature, fish eye).
Advantages of the Canon EOS 1300D
- Automatic selection of settings for each scene
- Built-in help guide to understand camera menus
- Battery Autonomy of up to 500 shots
- It has integrated flash and hot shoe for external flash
- EF-S mount compatible with a multitude of lenses
- WiFi and NFC connectivity
Disadvantages the Canon EOS 1300D
- The screen is not hinged or tactile
- It only has 18 Mpx resolution
- It is not too sturdy and resistant
- The focus is slower in live view mode
- We only see 95% of the image through the viewer
- Can not record videos in 4K
Price / Where to buy the Canon EOS 1300D
You can find the Canon EOS 1300D at different prices depending on the features or accessories that include:
- Only body
- Body + Lens EF-S 18-55 mm f / 1.5-5.6
- Metallic Gray Body + EF-S Lens 18-55 mm f / 1.5-5.6
- Body + Lens EF-S 18-55 mm f / 1.5-5.6 + Transport Bag 100EG + 8GB SD Card
Accessories / Interesting Accessories for the Canon EOS 1300D
One of the most important aspects of the Canon EOS 1300D is that an EF-S mount is compatible with more than 80 lenses. In addition, there is a wide selection of accessories that are also compatible with this model.
If you are a lover of internet and social networking, you may be particularly interested in the Canon Conection Station CS100 (available at Amazon for about $ 150). It’s designed to make it easier to transfer, store, view, and share your photos and videos on your TV, social media, or online photo services as irista.
If you want to learn more about photography, you can combine your practices with the advice you get in the Canon Photo Companion application. It contains complete tricks and instructions for using your new camera.
It’s clear that if you want to be a true canonist, you’ll need to do it step-by-step with simple photographic equipment. Consider these goals that may interest you:
- Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f: 4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF-S 55-250 mm f / 4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon Pancake EF-S 24mm f / 2.8 STM
- Canon EF-S 18-200mm f / 3.5-5.6 IS
- Canon EF 50 mm f / 1.8 STM
Do not forget to also get some basic accessories that you should value include in your wish list. It does not need to be too expensive, you can start with a simple team of good quality like this:
- Anti – Scratch Screen Protector
- Basic Backpack for Camera and Accessories
- Light Tripod with 3 positions
- Tripod with Ball Patella
- External Flash Neewer TT560
Top Competitors of the Canon EOS 1300D
- Competitors of similar range: Nikon D3300, Nikon D3400 , Canon EOS 700D and Canon EOS 750D.
- Top-end competitors: Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS 70D and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Competitors of type Evil or Without Mirror: Canon EOS M10, Sony Alpha A500 (or A600), Canon EOS M3 and Fujifilm X-A3.
The Best Reviews / Analysis of the Canon EOS 1300D
Do you want to know more about the Canon EOS 1300D? Next, I leave you some interesting links where to consult more information about this versatile camera:
Photos made with the Canon EOS 1300D