Photography is a fascinating hobby …
- On the one hand, it allows us to travel through time: experience past moments, remember beloved people, return to beautiful places, visit beautiful cities again.
- … On the other side it is just as few to capture a fascinating moment and reproduce on a sheet of paper.
The ability of a photo to tell a story should not be limited by anything, rather than the typical mistakes that we all made at some point and make up the 10 mistakes of digital photography. Do you know which ones are?
These are (in my humble opinion) ten of the common mistakes the amateur photographer normally makes:
1 Do not read the instruction manual that came with the camera
If you do not know how it works you will not be able to use it conveniently.
2 Reduce the resolution of the photos so they fit more on the card
Buy a larger card: it’s worth it.
3 Think that the flash that incorporates the camera reaches beyond 4 meters
Do not waste your time: you will not see anything further in dark conditions
4 Do not back up photos
It is convenient to be very organized. Do not risk losing the memory of unforgettable moments.
5 Handle the photos and do not keep a copy of the original
Sometimes you may want to take more than one photo of the original. Others … you have gone through the retouching and it is necessary to go back.
6 Place your finger on the flash when it is necessary
At the moment you may not realize it, but later …
7 Use the digital zoom
Not worth it: to apply digital zoom there is always time later (although it is not recommended more than a handful of cases).
8 Cover the focus sensor with your finger
The result will be disastrous and you may not appreciate it until you see the photo on your computer.
9 Do not recharge the batteries before leaving with the camera
The key moment arrives and … plaf! … goodbye battery!
10 Do not empty the memory card before leaving with the camera
The key moment arrives and … plaf! … Impossible to take the photograph: full memory .
It is possible that there have been many others in the pipeline of equal or greater relevance still. But there is no doubt that, if you do not commit these, the quality of your snapshots will thank you. Want to try?
You may also want to read below articles:
- 13 Rules of Photographic Composition You Should Know
- How to choose the settings of the camera to get good portraits (either with natural light or with flash)
- 10 Key Tips to Choose the Camera You Need
- 12 Tips for Making the Most of Your Action Camera